Full-Day Private Tour (8hrs)
Price: 600 EUR (Price is for a tour designed for 1-8 people)
This impressive tour begins with Akrotiri where you will discover one of the most important prehistoric settlements of the Aegean. You will also have the opportunity to see the Akrotiri fortress that was built during the 1st Venetian century and it was named La Ponta.
Our second destination is the famous Red Beach which is undoubtedly one of the most famous and unspoilt beaches of Santorini. It is located only some steps away from the ancient site of Akrotiri. The stunning view of the red, almost vertical, volcanic rocks and the small, reddish pebbles will take your breath away.
Perissa with the most amazing 7km long black volcanic sandy beach is our next visit. A feature that makes Perissa unique is the fact that is the best protected beach from the summer Aegean winds (Meltemia). Get ready to find just about everything you want from a beach from crystal clear waters to amazing opportunities for water fun!
Our tour would not be perfect without a visit at a traditional Winery so you can have the opportunity to taste sensational wines from some of the oldest vineyards in Europe. Try out the splendid varietes of Santorini wines such as Assyrtiko, Nychteri and Vinsanto.
Our next stop is Pyrgos. That was used to be the first capital of the island until 1800. You can walk along the narrow paths to the ruins of a Venetian Castle.
In a close distance we will visit the Monastery of Prophet Elias that was founded in 1711. The Monastery was built on the highest point of the island, 567m above the sea level. Gaze upon the majestic view of the whole island and at the same time taste samples of the mystical dessert wine, honey and extra virgin olive oil which is made on site by the monks.
We certainly can’t forget Fira Town where you must stop to pose for a fairytale-like picture against the backdrop of the Aegean Sea,
Between Fira and Imerovigli, you can see the amazing Firostefani, a tranquil village with impressive views to the caldera where you can also see the outstanding Blue Dom Church. We are more than sure that you will definitely fall in love with Firostefani.
As we continue we will reach Imerovigli which is located on a high cliff. The name comes from the word “vigla” which means “observatory”. In front of Imerovigli you can see the enormous rock called Skaros which was used to look out for pirates with the castle on top of it that was built during the 13th century.
And finally we stop to the second most cosmopolitan town Oia which is mostly known for its stunning sunset attracting the romantics and not only, that wish to spend quality time with their loved ones. Take a look at the whitewashed houses and walk around the winding streets. Enjoy some free time to shop for souvenirs or taste some of the best traditional delicacies of the island. Oia will undoubtedly give you only the best memories to treasure.
- 8-hour sightseeing led by an English speaking expert guide.
- Comfort of touring in a private deluxe vehicle.
- Inside knowledge and personalized attention from your guide.
- Explore the island’s rich archaeological heritage.
- Dive into the dazzling crystal clear waters of the Red Beach.
- Relax at the Black Sand beach of Perissa.
- Wine tasting.
- Astonishing panoramic view of the whole island (Prophet Elias).
- Shopping time in Oia.
- Enjoy unforgettable cliff views of the island away from the crowds.
- Capture the incredible scenery.
- Pickup and return from your hotel or Fira Town( Cruise ship port).
- 8-hour private tour of Santorini with English speaking expert local guide.
- Transport by air-conditioned modern Mercedes-Benz mini van.
- Wine-tasting of 3 different types of wine at a traditional winery. (Optional, upon alcohol consumption)
- All fees, admissions and taxes.
- Cable car tickets for cruise ship visitors (€ 6.00 per person/per ride).
- Meals and beverages not listed as inclusions.
- Guided tours inside official museums and ancient sites as the Akrotiri excavations.
- Admission fees at the excavations of Akrotiri. (€12.00 per person, free admission for children under 17)
- Personal expenses.
The tour can accommodate 1-8 guests, the rate is total, not per person. For more than 8 people, please contact us for a custom rate.
The tour is private and ideal for visitors willing to explore Santorini.