Wine Private Tour (4hrs)
Price: 350 EUR (Price is for a tour designed for 1-5 people)
This fantastic half-day wine tour gives you the chance to visit three traditional wineries and learn all the secrets about the Greek wine production.
Our first stop is the Boutari Winery. This is one of the high prized estates of the Boutari family.
It was first opened on 1989, and has a played a leading role in the viticulture development of the island and commercial development of Santorini wines worldwide.
Boutari has helped raise the qualitative standards required for the production of Santorini’s PDO wines. The winery has a capacity to accommodate annually about 1600 ton of grapes.
We move on our journey to wine to Venetsanos Winery. It is located in the most outstanding location offering incredible vistas over the caldera and volcanic islands.
The Venetsanos family has a very long tradition in producing wine. It was built in 1947 by Venetsanos family and became the first industrial winery on the island.
The winery was built in an unconventional manner constructed from above and moving downwards. You will have the chance to take a detailed tour of the winery from our experienced staff while also tasting some of our exceptional wines.
Our final stop is Gavalas Winery. This impressive winery has a tradition in wine making for more than three centuries! The Gavalas family has been exclusively engaged in the vinification of the indigenous varieties grown in Santorini, since the end of the 19th century.
Up until the 1920s the family produced wines from grapes grown in their privately-owned vineyards and vinted in their winery (canava) in Megalochori.
The main grape variety grown in Santorini is Assyrtiko, an indigenous white variety, one of the noblest in the Mediterranean. Assyrtiko is a multi-talented grape variety that can give many different products. Assyrtiko, is almost the 80% of the total wine production of the Santorini’s vineyards. Along with the other two major white varieties of the vineyard, Athiri and Aidani, produces the Appellation of Origin Santorini Superior Quality white wine (P.D.O).
- 4-hour sightseeing led by an English speaking wine expert guide.
- Comfort of touring in a private deluxe air-conditioned vehicle.
- Inside knowledge and personalized attention from your guide.
- Walk around. a volcanic vineyard and learn about the island's unique viticulture.
- Explore the cellars and learn how their wine is bottled and matured.
- Taste up to 12 different types of wine.
- Enjoy an assortment of local cheese and olives to eat alongside wine-tastings.
- Enjoy unforgettable cliff views of the island away from the crowds.
- Capture the incredible scenery.
- Pickup and return from your hotel or Fira Town( Cruise ship port).
- 4-hour private tour of Santorini with English speaking wine expert local guide.
- Transport by air-conditioned modern Mercedes-Benz mini van.
- Wine-tasting of up to 12 different types of wine at a traditional winery. (Optional, upon alcohol consumption)
- All fees, admissions and taxes.
- Cable car tickets for cruise ship visitors (€ 6.00 per person/per ride).
- Meals and beverages not listed as inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
The tour can accommodate 1-8 guests, the rate is total, not per person. For more than 8 people, please contact us for a custom rate.
The tour is private and ideal for visitors willing to explore Santorini.